“Whatever piece of unconscious material we take and work through, brings light to humanity.” –C.G. Jung
Alice McDowell, Ph.D., author, founder of the Hidden Treasure three year program, co-founder of Light on the Hill Retreat Center, is a workshop leader, spiritual counselor, and retreat guide, who is dedicated to helping others to awaken to their true selves, their divinity within. She has trained with healers, humanist and transpersonal psychologists, Sufi and Buddhist teachers, and Christian contemplatives. Her book, Hidden Treasure: How to Break Free of Five Patterns that Hide the True Self, is a compilation of her extensive knowledge and experience for more than thirty years.
Do you long to live a more authentic life but feel you might be getting in your own way? Hidden Treasure — the Book examines five personality patterns—called character structures—which are so ingrained in your psyche that they can influence the shape of your body and even who you think you are. The behaviors stemming from these patterns cause unnecessary life problems and prevent you from living a life in greater alignment with your true radiant self.
In clear, accessible language, Hidden Treasure — the Book helps you become conscious of these patterns and break free of them. You are invited to:
- Take a questionnaire to discover your character structure/s
- Deepen your understanding through the compelling heart-felt stories and cartoon-like illustrations
- Integrate the teachings with the accompanying healing exercises and links to online meditations
- Open to the inspirational insights from the spiritual and wisdom traditions
- Join an HT group for further self-exploration and healing
The life-changing solutions in this book have worked for hundreds of the author’s students—of all ages and from all walks of life. If you’re ready to discover the real you and transform your life, you’ll love this book.