Thank you for your interest in working at Light on the Hill. We are currently reviewing applications for a Housekeeper/Cleaner. See below for details. For consideration, send a resume and letter of interest to:
Light on the Hill
209 Blake Hill Road
Van Etten, NY 14889
We are not currently hiring for other positions, though we welcome anyone interested in a part-time cooking to send a resume and letter of interest.
The Housekeeper/Cleaner will be responsible for cleaning and preparing the lodge, cottages, and huts for retreat guests. The position is part-time, averaging 10-20 hours per week. We anticipate the position will increase to 20-25 hours per week in August 2021. Work shifts will primarily fall on Mondays and Tuesdays (daytimes), with the option of other shifts.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, hospitable environment for retreat guests in lodge, cottages, and other buildings, including the following tasks: laundering and folding sheets and towels, making beds, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning restrooms and kitchens, sanitizing high-touch surfaces, and removing trash, recycling, and compost.
- Restock supplies and report inventory needs.
- Track and report maintenance issues.
- Conduct semi-annual deep cleaning projects.
- Make recommendations regarding creating a welcoming experience for guests.
- Participate in occasional all-staff meetings, either in-person or via Zoom.
- Observe all policies and protocols for the health and safety of staff and guests.
- Professional cleaning/housekeeping experience.
- Attention to detail and orientation toward customer service.
- High standards of cleanliness.
- Good communication skills to interface with Managing Director and other staff.
- Reliable transportation to and from the retreat center.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
To apply: Send a resume to Managing Director Christy Croxall at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to hire in early May 2021.
Cooks and Assistant Cooks
While we are not actively seeking more Cooks and Assistant Cooks for group retreats at the present time, we are happy to be contacted by interested individuals who feel they may be interested in supporting Light on the Hill’s mission through cooking. Click here to access a full job description. Interested individuals may contact Managing Director Christy Croxall via email at email@example.com for more information or to submit a resume and letter of interest.