Workshop and retreat leaders find that Light on the Hill is one of the best retreat centers on the East Coast. Our mission is to provide an inspiring environment where your group can engage in deep inner work. The design and energy in the beautiful and uniquely shaped Inner Light Lodge deepens and supports participants’ experience. The Lodge features spacious meeting rooms and comfortable single and double rooms with expansive views of the beautiful grounds and distant hills. When you book the Lodge, your group will have exclusive use of the building.
In addition to the elegantly simple accommodations of the lodge, participants will have access to walking trails and quiet natural spaces on our 236 acres of land. Other amenities include two labyrinths, a firepit, and our serene chapel, Stillpoint Sanctuary, where participants may meditate or pray in silence.
Group Retreat Contracts for Inner Light Lodge require payment for the minimum number of participants, depending on length of retreat:
- Daytime retreat: Minimum 18 guests
- One-night retreat: Minimum 18 guests [available mid-week only]
- 2-night retreat: Minimum 17 guests for lodging, 18 for food (leader has free accommodations)
- 3- or 4-night retreat: Minimum 16 guests for lodging, 17 for food (leader has free accommodations)
- 5+ night retreat: Minimum 15 guests for lodging, 16 for food (leader has free accommodations)
The lodge may accommodate up to 30 overnight guests, and nearby Pathlight Cottage is available for group leaders. Accommodations are free for one group leader for a retreat of 2 nights or more, although the regular charges for meals apply.
Find more information about our rates and meals on our website. You may also want to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- To reserve Inner Light Lodge for a group retreat, a group leader fills out the online group retreat form (below), indicating requested dates and the purpose of the retreat.
- Light on the Hill (LOH) communicates with the group leader regarding Lodge availability. Once dates are agreed upon, LOH places a courtesy hold on the lodge for seven days and sends a deposit request to the group leader, payable by check or credit card online through the Paypal portal. Online payments incur an additional nonrefundable 3.5% processing fee.
- Group leader submits deposit. If deposit payment is not made within seven days, the courtesy hold is removed, releasing the selected dates for other reservations.
- Once the deposit is received, LOH confirms retreat reservation and generates the retreat contract and an invoice for the minimum lodging and food balance, based on the length of the retreat. The signed contract is due within seven days of receipt.
- Group leader submits a Group Description Form if the retreat is open to outside registrations (that is, if the group leader would like LOH to advertise to recruit participants). In this case, LOH will create an event posting on the LOH website and circulate information about the retreat to the LOH email list through the newsletter and other email announcements.
- Payment of the minimum lodging and food balance is due two months prior to the retreat start date. If the group leader does not submit the payment by the due date, LOH reserves the right to cancel the retreat and retain the full deposit.
- Ten days prior to the retreat, the Final Group Planning Form is due. This form collects the following information: number of participants and leaders, mealtimes, and food restrictions.
- If the number of participants changes from what was submitted on the Final Group Planning Form, the revised number is due three days prior to the retreat. LOH will draw up the final invoice based on this number.
- On the retreat start date, group leader arrives before participants. LOH staff will welcome group leader and review details. Group leader will welcome and check in participants. LOH staff will provide a 15-minute welcome and orientation to participants prior to the first meal.
- Payment of final invoice is due prior to the group leader’s departure.
Deposit Rates to Reserve Inner Light Lodge for Group Retreats
- Daytime retreat (no overnight) or one-night retreat (available mid-week only): $500 deposit
- 2-, 3-, or 4-night retreat: $1000 deposit
- 5+ night retreat: $2000 deposit
Please review our retreat reservation and cancellation policy.